Translate

Friday, June 6, 2014

Ferrum™ Part 1

This is just something I'm sending out to test reception. I'm going with it anyway but I'm so very curious. I mean, it's my baby. Not finished nor final edited but, it's all mine. This is trademarked so help you God! Enjoy! Also, only edited ONCE!






We are a family that came about of blood. Put aside my self and my mother, our DNA is not alike. We came from different creed's, jobs, backgrounds, hopes, and dreams. Our lives were shattered. When it came time to grow our new lives, we were together so our new lives grew together. Like one big, non-physical adhesion.

Before, when life was "normal", I wasn't too happen with my place in the world. I've had Larsen like Syndrome since birth. It affects my spine and indirectly causes pain around the greater T7 vertebrae area. My grandmother told me, long after her death, that I agreed to be fitted for the new Earth so I would be able to help with recovery of the human species. I never knew how correct she was. I had my own view, and that was: Chaos is truly equal.


     




~

It was a sunny day. Beautiful, but dead. We were parked off of a side road in the middle of Wisconsin. 

By this point we all knew the basics about each other. We were all just sitting around like zombies, no pun intended. I mean, what do you do in a situation like that?! I was near a small stream talking with Petr. I remember, a cigarette, Petr was smoking a cigarette.

Petr, always a giver, though not "friendly" per say. I admire him, taking shit from the world and still be the person he was. He has shaggy blonde hair and a swimmer's body. Overall though, very russian looking. I say that with love!

Petr would always call me Sasha which is more or less, a Russian name short for Aleksander.

Aleks: "Feodore right? Petr is a nickname?"
Petr: "Nyet, Fedore's dead. Petr, name is Petr." He flicked the ash off the end of his cigarette as we talked. 

Aleks: "Okay, Petr. I have to say, granted all hell is loose and we're nomads but I feel you may need to invoke a painful release of the emotional pain I see you have." He somewhat glares at me. "I know you were raised differently in Russia-" 

Petr harshly interjects. 

Petr: "Kak vy smeyete! Hell! Russia, it is hell.." He is shaking like a scared animal, his eyes start to let go of their tears, and his lip quivers.

I slowly reach my hand out and set it upon his shoulder. 

Petr: "You should left me on road. I can not live life with what I see in my head."

Aleks: "Petr, who hurt you? You ARE safe with us. Just in the past few days I have learned so much about everyone, we're connected." I know that sounds, well, cheesy maybe but I didn't know what to say. With what he told me, it was good I kept it simple.

He began his story, he would have trouble with tears throughout it.

Petr: "Okay Sasha, you smart, I believe your words."

Petr: "His name was Arpad." He said that smiling through his tears. "We in love Sasha. In Russia, gay is bad, but I 19 and he 45. That made it more bad. He.... very beautiful though. Big muscle shoulders, little hair on face, love in his voice. He no like his hair thinning, I say it make him look wise."

Any trace of joy faded as he went on.

Petr: "One day, we in city. Both so happy. I want to kiss him, he said no safe to. I playfully, like how boyfriend are, pull him into alley and we kiss." He took a long pause. "A cook see us kiss. He call police. Big black van stops us. We had hands tied. Throw us into van. Take us to jail... I raped for 15 hours. Arpad- Arpad was murdered."

He was just staring into space as he said what he did. He put his cigarette butt out. 

Petr: "I tell family. Mistake. They say I lying OR that I wanted it. Dad say I deserve it for being daughter, no son, and I like what happen. Mama say nothing. Too ashamed. Brother try to... Do things. Oldest stopped him.  My oldest brother knew truth. Him, I, we leave Russia. When sickness happened, We go to Chicago. Only family for me, my older brother, die in Chicago."

I finally had my turn.

Aleks: "Petr, all of us, we're all like one brain. Creating emotional synapses and constructing them so we can best help each other and ourselves. The synapses will refigure to best help you now that you are able to open up." It is really hard to know what to say in response to a story like that.

I lost Petr with all the large words. 

Aleks: "Talk with Soren, he is good at helping people with pain." Petr nodded in response.

That reminded me that I hadn't been given a chance to talk to Soren in private. Soren and I actually had a sorted, involvement when I lived in Prague for a year. He was a native to the Czech Republic and spoke with an accent. With his looks, shoulder length blonde hair, stone like facial features, and a near-bodybuilder body, he could and would... And did, charm anyone into bed. That always came in handy with his job working for Interpol, side missions. Well, black side missions.

Aleks: "Soren?" I said it with a smile. His smile grew as well. I motion that he needs to meet me at the tree line, he does. I raised my hand to his face, feeling it... Before I back handed him.

Soren: "Ah, okay, I deserve that." 

Aleks: "Oh that's not even a fourth of what you deserve! Going and spending night after night with prostitutes. Leaving me at home like a fool! I can spend days on this."

Soren: "Well-" 

I cut him off. 

Aleks: "Why are you here?" 

Soren: "I wanted to make sure you are okay."  He moves closer to me. 

Aleks: "That's bull and you know it." I backed up.

I'm looking at him and I notice he is wearing this padded down jacket on that I gave him. It was unusual because he would only wear it on missions. 

Aleks: "You were sent here, they sent you?!" I gave him a little shove as I said that.

Soren: "Okay, most central european countries are holding their own, but they sent scouts out to see if there were fall back places. I made sure that I was sent here, I really did want to find you and help you. At least just to see you."

Aleks: "Say I believe what you just said, why the midwest? We're not devoid of Pseudocida homosapiensi." 

He went to talk about a place in northern MN, maybe WI, that showed promise. Like a walled off town or an island.

He also said that Interpol viewed him as expendable and no help was coming from them. 

Aleks: "I can't deal with you right now, talk with Petr, he needs you're psych help. No more about us, okay?"

He bits his lip. 

Soren: "Okay." 

I didn't really believe him but I turned and walked towards the bus without further words. 

~

Aleks: "Ares, hey." I was entering the bus

He was sitting in the back and killing time by reading James Michener's "Hawaii." No one reads that book willingly.

Ares was like a off beat free spirit and it was refreshing to have his energy around to say the least. He was an ethnic greek. 

He was rather short being 5 foot 6 inches. His was a young 40. He was the most muscular person I have every seen. He was was a bodybuilder. But it was the tattoos that were the most amazing thing about this Earth-walking-god. The list of tattoos he had: solid black forearms, collar & padlock around neck, 5 pointed nautical stars over nipples, 3 pointed sun from groin, shackles with pad locks around shins to ankle, solid black around each ring finger, black chin, and a galea (roman centurion helmet). Cute salt and pepper goatee. Also, he sported a smoothly shaved head.
     
Ares: "Books Aleks, we need books. They'll keep us away from a mental crisis. 

Aleks: "I'm sure that town a mile over has a library, we have the firepower." I responded, "That may be a very good idea but explain why it sounds like the worst idea I have ever heard!" We both had a sort of smile on our face.

I then thought of the fact that we need more medications. We may need to hit the local pharmacy. 

Aleks: "I guess, put it out there and see what everyone thinks." 

Ares nodded.

~

Everyone was together to debate the recent supply run put forward by Ares.

Sage: "Hell no! Books?!"

Sage was a USAF pilot. She had a rough personality but in the end, she was an amazing person. Dark skinned and almost model-like, she attracted a lot of attention but she was always loyal to her long term girlfriend, Dahlia.

Dahlia, born is London, was much more by-the-book than Sage but if it called for it, would drop a bitch with bare hands. 

Aleks: "We also need drugs."

Soren: "We have to do this."

Petr: "I will go. I survived gulag, I know how... to fight."
     
Soren: "Petr, rest here. Please."

Petr: "Khorosho." Petr seemed relieved to be allowed some rest. 

Soren: "How about four people go in two teams. Me and Aleks, and Anita and Ares. We can't send everyone, we need guards here too."

Anita wasn't a scrapper, she was a killer. She is native to Tel Aviv and was an active member of the IDF. She had some love handles but was is great shape. Shoulder length curly black hair, she was a sterotype I suppose.

Aleks: "Wait, what if I don't want to be paired with Soren?"

Krysta: "No, you have history and will work well together."

Krysta, my mom, the strongest person I know. She is a pretty woman though sort of looks like a turtle at the right angle!

Aleks: "Fine.... Fine, fine, fine! I'm going to make a list of meds we need."

Soren: "I can help."

Aleks: "No, no thank you. Just help everyone get their shit together."

Soren: "Like old times Aleks," He smiled.

Aleks:"Yeah, like old times." I was walking towards the bus.

Krysta: "What's that supposed to mean?!"

Aleks: "We had.... fun, when Soren and I were in Prague mom." I was grinning.

~

We were on our way to the center of that small town. Let me tell you, we were packing some heat! When you get a group from all over the earth, you get some fancy weapons too. But that's besides the point.

Aleks: "Soren, here is what is going to happen, I'm going to partner with Ares. We're hitting the drug store. You and Anita get field guides, medical writings, the works. We will then meet back at a certain point."

Soren: "I-I.." Soren tried to get out a word or two but I just said that I am in no mood and he knew what would entail if he did question me.

The town was very bare. Hardly any sicks. It was like a usual supply run. Ares and I got the medications we could and met back with Soren and Anita in the town square.

Aleks: "Okay, we got the meds and-"

There was a faint crying sound I heard. Like, like a women, crying.

Aleks: "You hear that?"

Ares: "Yup"

Anita: "What do you want to do?"

Ares: "Help her of course!"

Aleks: "Ares and I will find her-"

Soren: "No, I'll go!"

Aleks: I'm fine! I have my 9mm and my knife. I'm no helpless child.

Soren: ".... O-okay."

Soren nodded and sort of stepped back.

Aleks: "Here are the medicines. We'll meet you back at the bus."

Anita nodded slowly and Soren just looked like... like he saw death.

~

Ares and I were just walking and looking in every alley to see if we find this "crying women." Also, making sicklies' heads tear open with a 9mm round when needed.

Ares: "Where do you think she is?"

Aleks: "Somewhere..."

We rounded the edge of this diner and saw this women in the alley behind said diner.

Ares: "There."

Aleks: "I see."

I took out my combat knife.

Ares: "You don't need that out Aleks."

Aleks: "You have your process, I have mine. Besides, I don't trust."

Ares: "Why?"

We kept walking closer

Aleks: "Why?! Really? We're having this now?! Fine, okay, well daddy issues but now is NOT the place nor time to talk about it."

I cracked a half smile.

We came upon the woman. We were only about 10 feet away.

Ares: "Ma'am, it's OK. We will help you."

The woman was wearing a dirty red doted dress. Her hair was wavy, light brown, and went down her back. She started to stand.

The Woman: "But, who will help you?"

In one fluid motion, she stood up and pointed a MP 40 at both of us. Before either of us could mount a defense, I felt a heavy blow to the back of my head. Before I blacked out, I saw men appearing from all around. We've been had.

~

Ares and I awoke in a horse trailer. We were both hanging from the roof and our wrist were shackled, with chains, to an arm spreader. Like a mop handle, wooden, but only a foot and a half long.

Ares and I were hung across from each other, facing each other.

Aleks: "Ares?" I spoke quiet and raspy. "Ares?"

He didn't really move.

Aleks: "Ares?! Please... Please wake up." My eyes were watery at this point.

Ares: "Don't... dont worry. I'm OK."

Aleks: "Thank god."

Ares: "Not yet... Who are these guys?"

Aleks: "That woman held a nazi sub-machine gun so I'm thinking neo-nazi types."

Ares was able to see through the slits in the trailer.

Ares: "I don't think they're nazi. I see some black people and... well, a male gimp that seems to "belong" to the group."

Aleks: "So like end-of-the-world punks? I thought that was just hollywood make believe!"

Ares gave a small half smile

Ares: "Like zombies?"

I laughed a very small laugh.

Aleks: "I guess so."

I remembered a small tool I had hidden in my sneakers.

Aleks: "I need your shoulder."

Ares: "Wha-"

Before Ares could finish, I lifted my right leg onto his left shoulder. I drew him closer and lifted my left foot unto his arm spreader. I was close enough that I could twist my hand and dig into my left shoe. I pulled out a thin metal tool, in other words, a lock pick.

Aleks: "Bastards didn't even search us." I laughed.

I then started to go to town on the lock, which I could barely reach.

Ares: "That's a neat trick to say the least."

Aleks: "It says something that they chained us and didn't just tie us. Also, they hung us up."

Before I could finish or continue my thought, the lock opened and that release both of my hands. I wasn't ready for the 12in fall. Between my own sound and hitting the ground, it was noisy. All I could think was: "Fuck Fuck FUCK!"

The door started to open. Standing there was a man, he was thin, a tattoo of a twisted cross branded his left bicep. He looked like a rat in the face.

Man: "You boys are awake!"

He walks over to me and I'm still on the ground.

Man: "Escape artist?" He smiled a sick smile.

Aleks: "Fuck you!" I spit a good amount onto his boot.

Man: "That was dumb." He looked pissed.

He takes out a police baton and strikes my once in the thigh, and once in the back of the head. The blow to the head gave me a "white out." Like a really bad migraine.

Ares: "Stop it! NOW!"

Man: "Your friend here seems quite protective."

He walks to Ares and jabs his baton into his gut. There may have been a few hits to his legs but I don't fully remember. The man lets Ares down and he, with a few other men, collar us and chain us to the side of the trailer. The chain had about a five foot reach. They start to walk out.

Eddy: "Call me Eddy boys. I'm your, well, your keeper." He smiles and closes the door.

Just a moment passes.

Ares: "Are you okay Aleks?"

Aleks: "Me? What about you? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I should have been quieter. I mean-" We're sitting next to one another at this point.

Ares: "Shut up! You won't start that shit." He puts his arm around my shoulder and I lean against him.

I nod.

Ares: "Look, your mom told me all about the shit you have been through. The doctors, the hospitals, the surgeries. I am so lucky to be here with you. You're stronger then me."

Aleks: "Thanks."

He rests his head on mine and I feel his goatee on the back of my head.

Ares: "We will survie. We didn't make it this far to loose it now."

~

Anita and Soren are walking back to the bus.

Soren: "This isn't right! They should be back. We need to be looking for them!"

Anita: "We need to drop off this extra shit, then get the proper equipment and form a search party."

Soren: "This can't be happening. No... Just, no."

Anita: "Shut up and focus! Okay? Konzentrieren Sie sich! Do you understand?! You know, I know all about you. The "playboy of Interpol" is how I've heard you described. Unlike you, I'm a really agent, I don't act like a UCLA student."

~

Krysta, mom, was just sitting. She was completely catatonic. The group was talking right outside the door, on the grass. The sun hung very low in the early april sky. Ophelia, who had been sitting next to my mom, walked out.

Ophelia: "I'm so worried about her. I can't start to imagine."

Ophelia was, almost like the "modern piece of art in the museum." She had blonde hair that was in a bob, delicate face features. Her hair though, I mean, almost a couture white. She worked major crimes in Madison before. She's 34 now.

Russell: "We all are."

Now Russell was a MPD cop before. He was pretty short. He was bald. But he had some muscles under his slight beer gut.

Anita: "I mean we'll find them. It's not like, I mean." She was inspecting her TAR-21. Soren was getting his silenced MP7 ready, likewise. He was rather emotionless.

Sage: "Just the two of you?"

Anita: "Well we don't have much of a choice."

Dahlia: "We need to talk about who is all going."

Petr: "I will go." He had been very quit since Soren and Anita came back. He was under everyone's radar until now. "I hunted with father for a long time. Ms. Doubek needs protection here. I need to help."

Anita: "I won't rebuff that."

Soren: "Okay, you'll need a gun."

Petr: "Like this?" He pulled a Madkarov PMM from his belt.

Anita: "Goddamn. Yeah like that. You said you hunted? Take this then." She handed him the Winchester 70."

Soren grabbed a white gun case. You couldn't see inside.

Anita: "No, nope. That's way to heavy to bring."

Soren: "I will carry it. It belongs to Aleks by the way."

10 minutes later, when the three were ready to get going, that Krysta finally spoke. She came out, her eyes were dark and sunken.

Krysta: "You HAVE to find him....."


Continued near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment