Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Writing Therapy/Story Expression Therapy... Is that TM? If not... TM!

     In school we learn writing stories is a good way to get smart. That is true but it serves a much larger benefit. Writing fictional stories helps heal the mind and soul as well. It's along the same lines as art therapy which is well known.

     I can only use myself as an example. With my pain and medicine, it can be hard to find the will to leave the house, let alone spend time with friends or find a partner. When I write my horror/romance stories, it puts me into a state where I can express emotions, feelings, and even actions is a healthy and productive way.

     A person never out grows the need for comfort. When you're young, you get the need taken care of by parents/guardians. But when your older, you start to need that comfort that only a true lover can provide. Like I write version of myself with a perfect boyfriend. Being in duress daily, I get a sense of comfort when I write about fictional me being with fictional partner. Now does it make any sense?

     It may make no sense but the overall idea: Pain creates so many horrible emotions and feelings. They can be dangerous too. Let those emotions and feelings flow out of you through writing. For emotions and feelings that are stuck, write of a scene that you can imagine and release those emotions and feelings that way.

     This may very well sound kind of crazy but when you're in the pain induce duress, it helps and just try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment